Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Wanted: Books for Palestinian Library

Over at Library Guy's Blog Conan has been offering some biting and humorous pics of new "books" for your Islam collection. First there was

HOW I WENT FROM MORON TO MARTYR IN TEN EASY EXPLOSIONS.

I followed this up (in the comments section) with

EVERYTHING I LEARNED ABOUT KILLING JEWS I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN.

I can't take credit for that one; an ALA member came up with this in a letter to American Libraries a while back, in response to a silly ALA resolution condemning Israel for damaging a Palestinian library while trying to defeat Palestinian terrorists. The terrorists, of course, were strapping on nail bombs and turning Jewish busses into portable Auschwitz ovens. That bit of info didn't make it into the resolution.

The point was, and is, that to speak blithely of cultural institutions in a society that lacks the rule of law, property rights, and in which a monopoly of force is given to groups that make the KKK look civilized, is political posturing of the most ignorant kind.

Now Conan has another title for our embryonic Muslim book collection:

JIHAD FOR DUMMIES.

But you have to see this one to get the full impact. It is a mock-up of that ubiquitous "For Dummies" book series.

Lest anyone think we are unnecessarily cruel, no one would be happier than us if the Palestinian Arabs developed a civilized society based on something other than Jew hatred. Until then, attempts to disguise Israel-bashing in the form of cultural sensitivity will always draw fire from reactionary pigs like myself and Conan.

Does anyone out there have any more titles we could add to our Muslim collection or Palestinian library?

Please don't suggest an Arab translation of Mein Kampf or The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. They already have those titles. I'm not kidding; both works are VERY popular in the Arab world.

Let's develope a collection!

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger sands of time said...

Yes i did like Conans book when i saw it this morning.Thanks for coming by my blog.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Conan said...

First one to find a satirical, Islam-bashing fake book (that I don't have on my blog already) wins!!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Paul Pennyfeather said...

Conan,

I don't know if I can FIND an Islam-bashing fake book; you are clearly the master of that.

Perhaps after a few glasses of scotch I can make one up. Assuming I can still type...

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Akaky said...

...and there's Boom and Bust: how I blew myself up for Allah and all I got was a box of raisins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home