Thursday, September 22, 2005

Library Girls Gone Wild

I'm not certain what I should say about this article, but I felt I had to post it. In Appleton, Wisconsin Librarians decided to pose in the buff (or nearly in the buff) for a calendar entitled "Desperate Librarians" (Librarians strike a pose for fund-raising calendar).

The purpose, other than to make librarians look sillier than we normally do, was to raise money for the library. Fair enough...I guess. Here's how the calendar is described:

"Six area library administrators presented [library director] Lahm with a sexy calendar they produced and are now selling to raise money for their libraries."


Not to be rude or presumptious, but could we have more information on what makes the calendar "sexy," other than the fact that someone's backside is scantilly covered by a copy of THE DAVINCI CODE?

They started out with twelve librarians, but some of them got cold feet before they could get cold everything else:

"...six of the 12 librarians bailed out. But five middle-aged library directors and a 32-year-old assistant each put up $200 and posed provocatively, using oversize books to cover what their clothes usually do."


I know we are a long way from Miss Spinster with the thick glasses and her hair in a bun, but I'm not clear who backed out and who stayed on to do Librarians Gone Wild. It does seem, however, that the "32-year-old assistant" is the youngest of the posers. Not to be overly critical (I'm a middle-aged librarian), but this calendar does not seem very...sexy. There! I said it! Don't get me wrong; no one would line up to buy a calendar with me lounging naked on a reading bench, my manhood covered only by an entire set of Gibbon's THE DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (eight volumes). It just wouldn't happen.

No sample photographs from the calendar are included in the article.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger hailts said...

Awesome - Save $50 on a playstation 2...Whoopee!!

Misspelledauctions.com

This is a great site people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home