Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mother Leaves 3-Year Old to Die in Hot Car

This is the kind of story that strains the limits of my blood pressure medicine. From South Carolina: Three-year-old Dominic Moody met his death in his mother’s hot car where she left him for five hours while she worked at a Blockbuster store.

If you think there are mitigating circumstances, think again. Her upstairs neighbor said he would've been happy to watch the child, but was not asked. When she found her child unconscious in the back seat of her sweltering car, she drove around for twenty minutes!

The "mother," Olivia L. Rozier, claims she was trying for twenty minutes to find someone who would dial 911. I guess the phones at Blockbuster Video are not equiped for 9-11 calls.

Here's the punch line: thee-year old "Dominic was wearing long pants, a shirt and a sweater."

It sounds like the mom -- no dad, of course -- was attempting to rid herself of the "burdon" of childrearing. Of course, it's quite possible the woman is just dumber than dirt. Either way, she should receive the harshest sentence possible, which I assume is Life Without Parole. What do you bet there's a whole gang of bleeding-heart pukes ready to proclaim this a horrible accident and plea for no jail time?

The blog Old Controller gets it just right:

"There isn't a penalty stiff enough for this moron. She should be sentenced to life in a cell wallpapered with photos of her son."


Or we could just bring back stoning...

Thanks to Old Controller for bringing this story to my attention. Although there's part of me that wishes I had never read about it.

7 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Oyarsa said...

I can think of a better punishment: have every woman who has ever wanted a child but has not been able to have one strike that woman across the face and spit in her eyes, then hurl a stone at her.

Angry? No, of course not....

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Paul Pennyfeather said...

oyarsa,

I wonder if our anger isn't partially motivated by our expectation that so many will try and minimize the evil of this act. Certainly leaving a child to die in a hot car, even if done out of pure stupidity, is reason enough to become enraged, but I can just hear the apologists for this woman trotting out the usual excuses.

Remember Susan Smith? Drowned her two little kids in her car because they were cramping her style with the boyfriend? How many people lined up to tell us why it wasn't really her fault?

I think your punishment is fitting. Women who want a child but cannot conceive must be dumbstruck by such callous disregard for a child's life.

I like your name, too. I really must reread that C.S. Lewis trilogy again; it has been so many years. And they've come out in new additions.

PP

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Akaky said...

Bring back the rack.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Paul Pennyfeather said...

akaky,

Harsh, but fair.

PP

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Melvin Woodard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Melvin Woodard said...

I stayed in a apartment in colonial villa in 2007 and I have had toys going off,and playing by their self and I wonder could it be Dominic Moody.TOYS AGE 3yrs

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Melvin Woodard said...

I stayed in a apartment in colonial villa in 2007 and I have had toys going off,and playing by their self and I wonder could it be Dominic Moody.TOYS AGE 3yrs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home