Friday, January 13, 2006

Senator Kennedy wants to know what you're reading

From Division of Labour, it seems that Senator Kennedy is not as juiced about "reading privacy" as he and his colleagues would like you to believe.

"This afternoon Ted Kennedy was interrogating Alito about his reading habits, demanding to know if Alito had read an article expressing some noxious views that appeared in a CAP [Concerned Alumni of Princeton] magazine more than two decades ago."


DoL notes that Kennedy was a suporter of the "Library, Bookseller, and Personal Records Privacy Act as a companion bill to Rep. Bernie Sanders' Freedom to Read Protection Act."

Make that, Freedom for suspected terrorists to Read Act. Alito cannot expect the same treatment that Kennedy would want for Muslim illegal aliens suspected of ties to terrorist organizations.

Many thanks to Division of Labour. Even if he does spell labor the Limey way.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger Jane_of_art said...

The question is: What are the first five things you want to ask Jesus when you get to heaven?
(Presupposes you get there!)

(Thanks for the info on Teddy's interest in Alito's reading..where's the ALA??)

You been tagged...by the VOX

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Paul Pennyfeather said...

I can't imagine what I would ask Jesus upon entering heaven. I probably would stick to apologizing for the times I let my faith slide into rote, lackluster, semi-observance.

"You been tagged...by the VOX"

I have no idea what this means. Are you "the VOX?"

Wait, I think I get it: "Posting" on a blog comment board is like "tagging" a wall or overpass by a street gang? That's my best guess.

Glad you stopped by. Don't let anyone see you tagging :)

PP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home